New to linux

Varchas Ramila Subrahmanya rsvarcha at cedt.iisc.ernet.in
Tue Jul 15 11:52:14 BST 2003

Hello all,
            I am new to linux and have been working on the windows platform for 5 years.
I have to port my application to linux. Strict deadlines and I have no idea how to install KDevelop on a Debian Linux (is it Debian linux??? I have a KDE Environment)
I have tried most of the "windows" ways to install KDevelop. I downloaded some tars and I gave the command "tar -xjf kdevelopXXXX.tar.bz2" but nothing worked out. I then downloaded debian files "*.deb" but did not know how to install (./configure) ..
I am really confused. Please help.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Varchas R S