Autocompletion in Gideon

Robert Jonsson robert.jonsson at dataductus.se
Wed Jul 9 10:37:48 BST 2003

Hi,

This is fairly undocumented as far as I know.

Yes, it shoud be supported in a4, the support is however not "dynamic" as is
the case with the project sources.
Instead you have to run a utility called r++ to add autocompletion databases
for specific headers.
Note that "not being dynamic" is IMNSHO not a bad thing, rather the opposite.
The method for adding headers should be simplified however.

Assuming you have set QTDIR adding qtheaders would look something like this:

r++ -r -a $QTDIR/include

-r is for recursive adding and -a for adding files regardless of suffix
(otherwise only .h files are added, with qtheaders this is not strictly
necessary)

I recall having to create the path ~/.kde/share/apps/kdevcppsupport/pcs (if
this is still the case I guess it should be reported as a bug)
The database is put in that dir.

Wasn't there a GUI produced for r++ some weeks ago, is it available somewhere?

Regards,
Robert