Palm (m68k-palmos-gcc) compilation under KDevelop

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Wed Jul 2 15:56:40 BST 2003

Hi,

On Wednesday 02 July 2003 15:45, you wrote:
> Has anyone managed to configure kdevelop to compile for the Palm?  It looks
> like it should be possible, but so far I've only managed to have it tell me
> "C compiler cannot create executables" as shown below.  That may be true,
> but I'm not really sure why it should be an absolute requirement for
> kdevelop. Obviously the immediate problem here is that Palm programs don't
> have a 'main', they have 'PilotMain' - again, I don't see that being an
> immediate show-stopper, but I'm just beginning to try to figure out what I
> need to do.

I don't think that the auto* tools are working well with the palm stuff,
either you have to get a set of m4 macros that is specially prepared for palm
or you have to write your own makefiles and import them as custom project.

In KDevelop 3.x, you can also try to use qmake which hasn't any configure
checks. Just make sure you have a valid mkspecs file.

Best regards,
Harry