automake & autoconf...

Carlos Ceriani carlos at inmueblenorte.com.ar
Fri Feb 28 14:20:01 GMT 2003

I don't know what Gideon is, but on my project with kdevelop 2.1 I've put this
on configure.in.in:

AC_ARG_WITH(mysql,
  [ --with-mysql=DIR   prefix of MySQL installation. e.g. /usr/local or /usr],
  [MYSQL_PREFIX=$with_mysql],
  [
  echo -n "checking for myslq..."
  mysqlenc="no"
  for dir in /usr /usr/mysql /usr/local /usr/local/mysql /sql
  do
    if test -f "$dir/include/mysql/mysql.h"
    then
      MYSQL_PREFIX=$dir
      mysqlenc="${MYSQL_PREFIX}/lib/mysql"
      break
    fi
  done
  echo "$mysqlenc"
  ]
)

CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS -I${MYSQL_PREFIX}/include/mysql"
LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -L${MYSQL_PREFIX}/lib/mysql"
AC_CHECK_LIB(mysqlclient,mysql_real_connect,LIBS="$LIBS
-lmysqlclient",AC_MSG_ERROR([configure: unable to find mysql libraries],))

and that worked for me.

Carlos Ceriani