new error.... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs. If you meant to cross compie, use '--host'

Peggy Go shatz_go at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 02:14:16 GMT 2003

HI! I've already fixed the error but unfortunately another error came up. It says:

checking whether the C compiler works... configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs. If you meant to cross compie, use '--host'.

I saw in the config.log this line:

configure: 2507: ./a.out
./a.out: error while loading shared libraries: libpqxx.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Ole Jacob Hagen <waterthrill at yahoo.no> wrote:
Hi, Peggy.

Last try....
Have you installed libXext-development packages?

You can find it in CD2 of your Shrike-CD's:
XFree86-devel-4.3.0-2.i386.rpm

I believe that this might be a step closer to a solution of the problems of
yours.....

Cheers,

Ole J.

--