configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed.

Ole Jacob Hagen waterthrill at yahoo.no
Mon Dec 22 06:04:42 GMT 2003

Hi, again.

kdevelop-2.1.5? Sorry, I took it for granted that you were using
kdevelop-3.0...My fault. I guess someone has a kdevelop-rpm.
I've got one myself, but it's for RedHat 9 (Shrike).

Hmm, I believe there should be an automake manager in this as well...
Nope...But in an option called Build-Settings (Project Options dialog), you
are able to change linker options.

Check the checkboxes for Xext and X11 libraries, to enabling linking to these
libraries. Then run automake and all that.

I guess you should be able to build your wonderful application....

Cheers,

Ole J.