configure: error: We need a working libXext to proceed.

Ole Jacob Hagen waterthrill at yahoo.no
Mon Dec 22 04:08:11 GMT 2003

Hi.

Hmm, not easy to say without source.

First of all:
1. Check include-path of your project.
2. Check library-path of your project.

Have you tried to add the library libXext in the automake manager?
Add this to your active project (binary), in the Target Options; Link to
Libraries outside project (LDADD). You should enter -lXext here.
I guess you have $(x_includes) and $(x_libraries) also in "Target Options",
Flags, Other: $(x_libraries)?

Hope this will help you further on the kdevelop-way to develop SW.

Cheers,

Ole J.

--
 * May the source be with you.       *