Debugging in kdevelop 3?

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at maeztro.dhis.org
Sun Dec 21 22:22:11 GMT 2003

Hi,

I liked a lot the way kdevelop 2 handled debugging, it wasn't perfect,
but as far as I have seen from kdevelop 3 it was way better (I'm pretty
sure I'm missing something with kdevelop3 debugging). I liked for
example that I could see the values of QString variables, and if I had a
simple class with QString's and numbers, I could see all of the members
by watching the class instance. Now with kdevelop3 I can only see gdb's
raw output. For example, if I try to 'watch' a class instance I get
(myClass *) 0x818f1212 (it's memory address), and not it's value, or
watching a QString variable I get an output like this one:

real value= "192.168.1.25"
gdb display= "1\09\02\0.\01\06\08\0.\01\0.\02\05"

Is there a way to improve this behavior? I really miss this from
kdevelop2 :-/ .

Thanks.

Cheers,
--