problem debugging QT programs with terminal output

Yasin Yilmaz yyilmaz at uekae.tubitak.gov.tr
Mon Dec 15 09:30:57 GMT 2003

Hello,
I am trying to develop a QT program on FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE.
When ever the program writes some message using qDebug, the debugger
(+kdevelop) freeze, and gdb has to be killed.
Even the autogenerated project file of Kdevelop, does the same thing.
Just add qDebug("Hello world") in main.cpp and start debugger.
The last message seen in the console is :

QMetaObject::findSignal:GDBController: Conflict with
DbgController::ttyStdout(const char*)
QMetaObject::findSignal:GDBController: Conflict with
DbgController::ttyStderr(const char*)

Has anyone found a solution (pathc?) for this problem. Is it related to
QT or KDE or FreeBSD ??? Or is
there another way to develop programs with QT on FreeBSD?

The people at Trolltech and at qt-interest mailing list replied that
they have never encountered any problem with freebsd and qt.
Here I rechecked my installations, (+ installed two new systems from
FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE iso's + everything from packages + some more help
from a BSD guy here) and I still cant
debug QT on FreeBSD when there is a terminal output (even a printf !!!).

The same problem also happens with Gideon on FreeBSD, but error messages
above doesnot appear, but still gideon freezes. (gideon uses qmake to
create Makefiles) .

There is no problem with gdb from command line, and kdbg or ddd to debug.

I dont understand why I am the only one with this problem????? On the
web the only similar (same I think) problem has been reported for a SGI
Origin O-300 system in qt-interest archieve. And no reply

Thanks
Yasin Yilmaz