A "stupid" build problem (stupid for me ;)

Alejandro Exojo suy21 at lycos.es
Wed Dec 10 23:17:38 GMT 2003

El Miércoles, 10 de Diciembre de 2003 15:34, Cory M Hicks escribió:
> checking for Berkeley Db >= 3.. configure: error: no - please install
> Berkeley DB >= 3 and Berkeley DB -devel
>
> That way people could figure out what the issue is from the build
> messages.

I more or less agree with you, but think that the package name, can be very
diferent if you use a diferent distribution. You also may notice that you
need the berkeley db for C++, not for C.

And, IMHO, if you are compiling kdevelop, you are supposed to be a developer,
and then, you are _supposed_ to know that when you compile anything from
sources, you need the development files ;-))).

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy at es.tipic.com
We're here to give you a computer, not a religion.
- attributed to Bob Pariseau, at the introduction of the Amiga