Code completion in Kdevelop 3.0.0b1 ?

Christopher DeGuise cdeguise at oscillisoft.com
Sat Dec 6 22:32:45 GMT 2003

So, I sent the message some what premature.

I found the FAQ on adding items to the PCS.  It appears that you just need to
add the STL libraries just like you would your own.  I was missing the
doxygen part, and the help for r++ on the command line is nill.

1.  Create the xml doxygen documentation.  I did this by creating a config
file for doxygen, using doxywizard, and ran it.

I then used the following command to produce the PCS database.

r++ gxxtestdb /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2.3/include/g++-v3/*
-d/home/cdeguise/tmp/gxx/output/xml

(watch line wraps)

The one catch I have noticed though, is problems with namespace resolution.
If I use this statement "using namespace std;" or "using namespace
std::stack;" in my file, the code completion will not work for this code

	stack<int> foo;
	foo. (no lookup here)

But if I have this
	std::stack<int> foo;
	foo.(lookup works).

Anyway, I think I saw a bug report on this and it was resolved, so it might be
a non issue now.

Thanks for listening.

--
-------