dynamic / static linking

Bri bri at worldhq.force9.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 16:40:15 BST 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:58:24 +0200, Cornelius Kölbel
<cornelius.koelbel at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wrote a program for kde and very surprising it is about 9 MB in size.
> Can it be, that I linked it statically?
>
> I am running kdevelop 2.1.5.
> Where can I switch dynamic / static linking?

I'm new to kdevelop myself, and no expert, but...

There's an option to switch static linking ON under Project->Options. I
suppose if you de-select that it should use shared libraries (if it can
find them???).

Did you switch debugging off (also under Project->Options) ?  I think that
can also increase code size greatly.

Regards,
Brian