Automatic moc generation

Mickael Faivre-Macon mickael at easyplay.com.tw
Fri Aug 22 19:09:09 BST 2003

Hi,

I thought it was my project that had a problem so I have created a new
Qt/SDI project from scratch, and compiled it, it worked (well only after
correcting problems like the AC_CONFIG_FILES in configure.in, re-running
aclocal/autoconf/automake)

Then I added a QT child class, and it could not be compiled.
The .moc.cpp files needed for this new class are not generated and I
have a bunch of:
testingmoc.o(.text+0x1e): In function
`testingmoc::testingmoc[not-in-charge](QWidget*, char const*)':
/home/mick/projects/test2/test2/testingmoc.cpp:20: undefined reference
to `vtable for testingmoc'

(I know this error comes from the fact that .moc.cpp are not generated)

I think it comes from my configuration since I switched to RH9.
(Does someone has RH9, KDevelop 2.1.5, KDE 3.1-12 and can confirm?)

I think I will write a script to generate the moc files and run it
before each compile, or I will install Gideon.

Thanks for all the replies and tips!

Mickael.