working with cvs

Alex suy21 at lycos.es
Sun Apr 27 20:27:28 BST 2003

El Domingo, 27 de Abril de 2003 20:28, b g escribió:
> $cd /home/bgbg/progs # where all kdeprojects are
> $cd zzcvs
> $cvs checkout zzcvs
> cvs checkout: existing repository /home/bgbg/cvsroot/zzcvs/zzcvs does not
> match /home/bgbg/cvsroot/zzcvs
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Caution!

I think you must read first a cvs manual, because yo aren't doing the checkout
properly. When you do "cvs checkout <module>", cvs creates a _new_ directory
called "<module>" , who is a working copy of the module you called.

When you create a new kdevelop 2.2 project that uses cvs, the directory that
contains the project, is also a working copy (a working copy, means files
prepared to work with cvs, and in all directories of it, there is a CVS
directory).

IMHO, the best you can do, specially if you need working with a remote
repository, is:

- Create kdevelop project _without_ cvs integration.
- Init the repository, if it isn't initiated yet.
- Import the project to the repository.
(note that the project recently created is _not_ a working copy; you can see
it because there aren't dirs named "CVS")
- Obtain a working copy (checkout).
- Then develop, commit, develop, commit... :-)

I'm sure that gideon will be a better tool for working with cvs, but with
kdevelop 2.2 the best you can do, is doing it manually.

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID: 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy at es.tipic.com