project in kdevelop - newbie

sting sting zstingx at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 08:03:38 BST 2003

Hello,
I have a problem :
I had made a new project; going to build->configure gives:
checking for libz....configure error

and in config.log I see the following error:
zlib.h : no such file or directory .

zlib is installed (rpm -q zlib yields : zlib-1.1.3-24

maybe it has to do with Options>Kdevelop Setup->Path ?

In the QT.2.x/KDE Path I have : /usr/lib/qt-2.3.1

but in KDE-2 directory I have nothing. (because the tutorial talks about
a path in /opt which is empty on my machine so ,I do not know what to put
there ; however kdelibs-devel is installed).

It seems to me that even if it is lefte mpty (the KDE-2 entry) this should
not be a problem while
preparing a qt Project.

can anybody help?

regards