Problem with subclassing

Holger Schröder holger-kde at holgis.net
Sat Apr 19 13:15:29 BST 2003

Hi,

i guess the problem is, that the CentralViewBase is saved as
CentralViewBase.ui, and when the subclassing method tries to subclass from
say centralviewbase.h, it does not exist, so you get an empty file, as it
finds no base class.

so the subclassing method should also check, if the *.h file is newer as a
corresponding *.ui file, and if *. does not exist or is older as a *.ui file,
it should run uic (i guess it is the right program...) to create the .h file.

you can check if this is really the error in your case. open a shell window
and cd to the directory, where your centralviewbase.ui file is. then execute
uic centralviewbase.ui
this should create the .h file. now try to create another subclass from the
centralviewbase in kdevelop. if it works this time, we know, that this is the
error, if not, we know there is something else wrong.

please tell us if that was the problem.

Holger