A question about includes

mehrzad soltani mehrzad80 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 14 10:45:48 BST 2003

HIplease put yor include file"myinclude.h" in a seperate directory exp "subproject1" in your project directory and then include this file to  project.
|--> admin
\--> project\-->include|-->subproject1
\-->subproject2

and insert in subproject1:
#include "..include/myinclude.h" and insert in subproject2: #include "..include/myinclude.h"

bye

Leopold Palomo Avellaneda <lepalom at wol.es> wrote:Hi,

I'm working with kdevelop 2.1.5. All works fine (more or less) I'm waiting to
gideon.
I have a problem that I don't know how to do it with kdevelop. In my project,
I have several subdirectories. Normally, it's separate in modules. Normally,
if a need an include of a local file a put it in this way:
#include "file.h"

In the main directory of the sources, you know the file directory structure of
kdevelop for a qt app:

| project
|--> admin
\--> project
|-->subproject1
\-->subproject2

where in the main directory you have the configure, etc, and two
subdirectories, one with the source code and another wit admin stuff.

In my source directory also I have more subdirectories (libs in kdevelop,
subprojects in gideon). My problem is that I cannot refer in a include a
header from one subdirectory to another, because the relative path does't
work, ex:

I have a file in subproject1
#include "myinclude.h"

but if I put this in a file in subproject2 doesn't work
#include "../subproject1/myinclude.h"

because the makefile doesn't find it.

How I can solve this?

Regards,