small bugs with gideon 3.0alpha3

Heiko Nardmann h.nardmann at secunet.de
Tue Apr 8 15:39:28 BST 2003

Okay, first thanks for your answer.

On Dienstag, 8. April 2003 15:25, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> > 1. When trying to report a bug or feature the application id is set to
> > gideon which is not known to the bug wizard.
>
> This is fixed - will work in Alpha 4.
>
> > 2. When I create a new project with the wizard on the second page
> > "Version control systems" the CVS options appear when I choose CVS. But
> > they do not disappear when changing back to "None".
>
> We'll look into this.
>
> > 3. Windows are party opened with their drag bar below my top menu bar and
> > therefore can only be dragged by using the context menu.
>
> Hmm, I'm not a multi-window guy, so I've never seen this.

Maybe this is due to some "smart" window placement of KDE?

> > 4. The build and view toolbar overlapped the browser toolbar.
>
> Hmm, ok.
>
> > 5. Sometimes I see German, sometimes English messages ("Abbrechen" vs.
> > "Cancel" e.g.).
>
> This just means someone hasn't translated some of the messages into German.
>  I don't know how active the translation team is working on Gideon since
> it's still a very moving target.
>
> > 6. Although I did not activate CVS I see a CVS tab in the messages area
> > window.
>
> Probably turned on by default.  Settings -> Configure Gideon -> Plugins
> will allow you to turn stuff on and off.
>
> For a specific project, Project -> Project Options -> Plugins will also
> give you some more options.
>
> > 7. A segmentation fault occurred when exiting the application. The
> > problem was that no debugging information was inside the executable or
> > libs as far as I see. Here is the output of the crash manager (using KDE
> > 3.0.5):
> >
> > Probably this output does not help anyone.
>
> Did you compile with --enable-debug?  Oh wait, you installed from rpms,
> right? Well, give it a few days and alpha 4 should be available which
> should fix a lot.

I'll try this when available.

> > 8. How do I get back the menu bar after I have let it disappear via menu?
>
> Ctrl-M.

I only get a window titled "KDevelop 3.0" with some input widget described
with "Bearbeitungsbefehl" (I am not sure whether "process command" may be a
useful translation). I've changed this manually using the gideonrc. There
seems to be a conflict between those two shortcut definitions.

Some feature requests:
- - support for
	+ ACE lib and maybe CORBA
	+ Insure
	+ strace/truss/tusc
	+ kvim
	+ umbrello

- --
Heiko Nardmann (Dipl.-Ing.), h.nardmann at secunet.de, Software Development
secunet Security Networks AG - Sicherheit in Netzwerken (www.secunet.de),
Weidenauer Str. 223-225, D-57076 Siegen
Tel. : +49 271 48950-13, Fax  : +49 271 48950-50