libglcore dependency?

Brad Hubbard brad at congosystems.com
Thu Apr 3 06:55:04 BST 2003

On Thu,  3 Apr 2003 12:12 Australia/Melbourne, ASCII characters were aligned
thusly:
> After downloading the Gideon RPM from sourceforge I tried to install it and
> got;
>
> rpm -Uvh kdevelop-3.0a3-1.i386.rpm
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         libGLcore.so.1 is needed by kdevelop-3.0a3-1
>
> Apparently, if an RPM is created on a box running the Nvidia drivers it can
> create a "false" dependency in the produced RPM.
>
> With this in mind, is it safe to just do an "rpm -Uvh --nodeps
> kdevelop-3.0a3-1.i386.rpm" ?

I tried this but gideon failed to start with;
/opt/kde3/bin/gideon: relocation error: /opt/kde3/lib/libkdevelop.so.1:
undefined symbol: __ti10DCOPObject

I don't think this is related to the libglcore dependency, any ideas?

I might try compiling the source.

Cheers,
Brad