Debugging problem

Vinh N. Pham vpham at emba.uvm.edu
Sun Sep 29 05:44:37 BST 2002

Hi,
    This is the very first time I use Kdevelop even though I has been
programming for a long time.  My problem is with the debugging feature
of Kdevelop.  First of all, I can't single step a simple program like
Hello world.  It just go pass by and give the result when I hit start
under the Debug menu.  I'm looking at the Makefile, the program compile
with flag -O2 -O0 -g3.  I'm not quite sure what that means because one
is for optimize and one is for debugging.  The result is some thing I
probably don't know so I manually edit the Makefile to remove the -O2
-O0 flags and recompile it.  I still can't single step the device.
    Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you,

Vinh N. Pham