Important Template Bug

Timo A. Hummel timo.hummel at gmx.net
Tue Sep 24 20:28:21 BST 2002

Hi,

there's a bug (thanks to Frerich Raabe for spotting this) in the KDE
normal template in KDevelop 2.1.3 which causes the default application
to consume endless memory. I know that development has stopped, but I
think that's an urgent issue (which might crash a few boxes as happened
with mine).

The affected code segment is in slotFileQuit:

> for(w=memberList->first(); w!=0; w=memberList->first())

This causes to loop forever, eating as much memory as available until
the kernel kills the process when the swap is full. Correct would be:

> for(w=memberList->first(); w!=0; w=memberList->next())

Cheers,
Timo