How do I modify the default application interface?

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Mon Oct 28 16:15:25 GMT 2002

On Monday 28 October 2002 09:06 pm, Stephen Dzurenko wrote:
> Not sure on either question.  I assume it's a KDE app.  Whatever one
> gets by default when one creates a new project is probably what I have.
>  I will check on both these questions this evening.
>
> Regardless, it appears to me that you are suggesting I modify the menu
> bar programmatically.  Is this the preferred method?  Is there not a way
> to do this via Kdevelop/Qt Designer?

It's up to you.  There are a number of ways of doing it:

If your menus are going to be relatively static, then in the code is probably
the most straight forward way of doing it.

If you use qt designer, it will create .ui files, which will be compiled by
the uic into the appropriate .cpp and .h files which can then be compiled by
your c compiler.

You can also look at the document on using KDE's XMLGUI stuff here:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/tutorials/xmlui/preface.html

Any of those ways will work.  Good luck!

Caleb