Gideon File Group

F@lk Brettschneider falk.brettschneider at gmx.de
Tue Oct 22 20:23:18 BST 2002

Hi!

Caleb Tennis wrote:

>On Tuesday 22 October 2002 10:17 am, Max wrote:
>
>>( Ideally, I should just start coding what I need , but I am warming up
>>with concepts of Gideon still. I wouldn't want to screw up things in
>>such a complex/big software, is there a UML diagram or a conceptual high
>>level description drawing of Gideon, which newcomers could study before
>>going into code directly )
>>

>Max,
>
>I group my files by concept using directories and creating static libraries
>that then get compiled together into main executables.  I have four groups
>for one of my main projects: KERNEL, INTERFACE, TEST, and SERIAL.  Those four
>groups/directories contain the respective files that are for that part of the
>project.  Is this more like that you're talking about?

No, he means to have a class view with a configurable tree structure
independent from the underlying directory structure. MS Visual C++ has
this feature although it's very unstable there and crashes frequently in
0x00005 or 0x00000 pointer access on my machine. :} Anyway, the feature
itself is quite cool, and default is there to have a branch for one
project in the workspace with all classes as direct leafes of its
branch. Using the context menu you can create subfolders in that tree
and move the classes around with drag'n'drop. So the programmer can
create its own tree of classes, for instance grouped in a logical order
as Max described.

Max, I second that implementation, unfortunately, there isn't any UML
model, just a few TODO and HowTo files in the Gideon cvs; you will
easily find them.

Ciao
F at lk