shared object

Israel Fdez Cabrera israel at seg.inf.cu
Fri Oct 18 15:23:26 BST 2002

Hi all, I'm using gcc 3.2 and Kdevelop 2.1.3-3 in a RedHAt 8.0 linux box.
I used to work with a Red Hat Linux 7.3 and Kdevelop 2.1.2, but I  recently
update my system to the first.
I had some projects made with kdevelop, two of them are shared objects,
libsav.so and libsav_win32.so. I just used to set the linker flags in the
compiler options dialog box to "--share" to make a shared object with
Kdevelop; but now, when I try to recompile those project I get a libsav.a
file instead of a libsav.so. This new libsav.a is not an ELF binary, but it
is a file with all the linkage objects in my project packets in a single
file.
My question is: there is another parameter that I haven't use before that I
must set to the linker or compiler to solve this problem?

best reg at rds
Israel