Make order of (*.ui) files

Nicholas Hildreth N.Hildreth at irl.cri.nz
Mon Oct 7 08:07:41 BST 2002

Hi,

*** Question in brief ***
How can I get kdevelop to 'uic' a .ui file before it recurses into a
sub-folder of the build tree?

*** Question in .... urr.... long ***
I've hit upon a rather annoying situation with my kdevelop project. For
grouping purposes more than structural purposes, I've created a couple of
folders to store like components in. Folders end up being compiled as a
library so naturally they are compiled first. However some of those source
files refer to headers in the previous directory. Specifically to headers
which are still to be generated by 'uic' because the .ui file concerned is
in the above directory, and will not be reached until the sub-folder's make
has returned.

The 'am_edit' script will indeed sort out the correct order of things when
everything is in the same folder (as per manual). But it seems not to
recognize the dependency on a file from a previous directory.

Normally I would just work around this, but the dependences are linked to
QListView's from the ui file. And QListViewItems cannot be created NULL.

Any thoughts?

CAUTION: This email message and any attachments contain
information that is CONFIDENTIAL and may be LEGALLY PRIVILEGED.
If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or
copying of this message or attachments is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email message in error, please notify
us immediately and erase all copies of the message and
attachments. Thank you.