Gideon suggestions

"Alistair Mann"kdevelop at lgeezer.net "Alistair Mann"kdevelop at lgeezer.net
Fri Nov 29 20:34:50 GMT 2002

>From CVS version a couple hours ago..., under kde 3.0.3 and qt.3.0.4, release
compiled.

1. Icon Border and Line numbers do not maintain last state after window is
closed then reopened. Irritation value.

2. "Show menubar" shortcut (ctrl-M) conflicts with "Edit Command" shortcut; If
menubar is closed you've lost it. Userside fixing then requires editing
gideonrc.

3a. (IDEAI mode). When closing a tab via the KPartView Main toolbar, the tab
itself remains onscreen, though the edit space underneath is emptied. This
gives the impression that a save thereafter is saving out a blank file. File
| Close working alternative.

3b. Perhaps related; the disk icon on the same toolbar doesn't fade out for
files not needing changes. I preferred this feature in 2.1.3 more than the
titchy asterisks on the tabs in Gideon -- this monitor is high res!

4. 'Run automake and friends' on hello, world cpp app fails with
'AM_PROG_LIBTOOL not found in library'.
Automake --version: 1.5
Autoconf --version: 2.53
Deleting the reference to AM_PROG_LIBTOOL didn't seem to harm it too much,
though I've no idea what that'll break elsewhere, and it does allow the
project to compile.

5. Icon Border doesn't show breakpoints, debugging works though. Icon border
does show a clippy.

6. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V don't always cut and paste. They start off by not working,
then suddenly do ... can't seem to pin down the exact reason.

7. Importing a kdevelop 2.1.3 project, I lose the 'file tree' tab on the left.
Can access by function name via Classes tab. Also lose 'automake manager'
from right.

Have a nice weekend y'all
--
Alistair Mann