Console application using slot/signals ...

Sandro Santos Andrade sandro.andrade at sixbell.com.br
Fri Nov 29 14:37:01 GMT 2002

Ok, thanks for your patience ...
Sandro

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oliver Eichler" <oliver.eichler at dspsolutions.de>
To: <kdevelop at kdevelop.org>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: Console application using slot/signals ...

>     I got an interesting problem yesterday.
No, it's not too interesting - it's rather often discussed in the appropiate
QT mailing list

>     My second attempt: I started an KDE-Mini application and added my
> QServerSoclet derived class. Then I
> removed the pre-built class that works as the main widget from project and
> modified the main function so that
> only an object from my class was created; working thus as an console
> application (without KApplication and
> main widgets etc) ...

How can you ever expect event driven toolkits to work, if you remove the
event
loop? Refer to the documentation of QApplication and to the QT mailing list
archive. Your problem has been discussed there quite frequently.

oliver

-
to unsubscribe from this list send an email to kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org
with the following body: