Console application using slot/signals ...

Sandro Santos Andrade sandro.andrade at sixbell.com.br
Fri Nov 29 13:24:43 GMT 2002

    Hi all,

    I got an interesting problem yesterday.
    I'm writing an server console application and I wish to use Qt's classes
QServerSocket, QSocket and othres
    resource like signals readReady, connectionClosed etc ...
    In a first attempt, I started a C++ console project and added my
QServerSocket derived class. But, I think
that due to project type (C++ console application), moc wasn't automatically
by make in order to pre-process
my slots and signals.
    My second attempt: I started an KDE-Mini application and added my
QServerSoclet derived class. Then I
removed the pre-built class that works as the main widget from project and
modified the main function so that
only an object from my class was created; working thus as an console
application (without KApplication and
main widgets etc) ...
    Ok, moc is being automatically invoked when I add new classes. The
application compiles ok, runs without
warnings or others messages, but when any signal is emmited nothing occurs.
The slots and signal are correctly
connect but nothing works. I don't need an GUI server because it will just
manage connections, messages etc.

    Any suspicion ? Thanks in advance,

    Sandro