Console application using Qt lib ...

Sandro Santos Andrade sandro.andrade at sixbell.com.br
Wed Nov 27 16:23:28 GMT 2002

    Hi all,

    I'm writing a simple network server using qt, in order to use classes
such as QSocket, QServerSocket etc ...
    This server will be running as a console application, without gui
implementation, so I create the project as
    a console C++ application. As I need to use the signal/slot mechanism my
classes must contain the Q_OBJECT
    macro and 'moc' must be called. But, due to my project type (console C++
application), this steps aren't executed.
    May I include manually the macro on classes ? How can I modify Makefiles
in order to call moc ?
    Does qmake do this automatically when a Q_OBJECT macro is found ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Sandro