replace in several files

Eric Klumpp klumpp at nerim.fr
Fri Nov 22 14:23:48 GMT 2002

Hi,

Sometimes I would be interested to make a replace but not only in one
file ! I use Kdevelop 2.1.3, it's possible to search in one file,
replace in one file, search in several files, so why not replace in
several files ?

I have a project with more than a hundred of classes (135 for the
moment), and sometimes I change the declaration of a virtual function.
To do this I must make a search in several files and by hand replace in
each files. It would be interested that I could make the replace in all
the files !

Of course, I could use an external application to do those replacements.
At a moment I used KFileReplace to do this, but it had a bug, modifing
the files at other places, and I lost more times to debug the problems
because I used KFileReplace. The bug has probably been resolved now, but
moreover, if I want to use it, I must close all files in KDevelop and
lost each bookmarks, and I often use the bookmarks to remember where I
must see something.

Is it possible with Gideon ? If not it would be interested to do it. In
my project I have already lost around a hundred of hours only on these
types of replacements !

Thanks,

Eric

PS : in the same time I ask the question if it would be possible with
Gideon to open a file in two columns, or more generally to have 2
editors opened in the same time like in Kate ? It's less usefull, but
sometimes it can help.