Problems with Gideon Instalation

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Thu Nov 21 12:37:37 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 22:21, Thiago Regal Silva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I was trying to install Gideon, in the end of make operation, I see the
> follow message:
>
> /usr/lib/qt/bin/uic: error while loading shared libraries: libqt-mt.so.3:
>
> But my libqt-mt.so.3 there is in correct directory. What can I do?
The linker can't find your qt libraries for some reason. If you type
   ldd /usr/lib/qt/bin/uic
you'll get a list of all the libraries dynamically linked with the uic
executable. There should be a line where it says something like
"libqt-mt.so.3 => not found".

To fix it, find out where your qtlibs reside (on RedHat 8.0 for instance
qtlibs are found in /usr/lib/qt3/lib). As root, add that line in
/etc/ld.so.conf which defines all the paths where the linker should look
for dynamic libraries, and rerun 'ldconfig' (usually in /sbin/).

Tarjei