changing inheritance for the view class

Christian Nitschkowski segfault_ii at web.de
Mon Nov 11 16:44:47 GMT 2002

On Monday 11 November 2002 16:27, you wrote:
> What is the best way to program a KDE-Normal or KDE-MDI project so that the
> main view corresponds to the QT-Designer dialog I create? I save the .ui
> file in my project directory. It compiles properly into header and
> implementation files. I change the inheritance of my view class to the new
> class created from the .ui file, but I still get a bare-bones GUI when the
> project compiles and runs. What am I missing? When I go through this
> procedure with a KDE-Mini project, it works as I expect. Thanks...
>
> Scott

Hmm.
I'm not sure, because I'm developing my first K-app with a KMainWindow, and I
don't use the QT-Designer anymore.
But I'd guess, you'll have to design your widget, inherit an implementation
class from it, and include an instance of your implementation class in the
KMainWindow.

For example:
Class foo was designed with QT-Designer.

Now create
class bar : public foo{
 // some nasty stuff
};

And in your
class window : public KMainWindow{
// ...

private:
	bar* mainWgt;
};

And in
window::window(QWidget* parent, char* name) : KMainWindow(parent, name){
	mainWgt = new bar(this);
	setCentralWidget(mainWgt);
}

Hope that helps

Regards
Christian Nitschkowski

- --
Visit my homepage at http://segfaultskde.berlios.de for different KDE-Apps.

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first
woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.

Murphy's Law