vc/.lib

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Fri May 31 00:00:34 BST 2002

Hi,

I don't think that this was a joke by Falk...
with your former explanation it is simply impossible to give a hint.

Often it is only because the user doesn't install kdevelop, but runs the
binary from the source dir (so the libraries of the source dir are used).
Hint: "which kdevelop" or "whereis kdevelop".

Further... on my binaries (the installed version and the version inside
the source-dir kdevelop/kdevelop/.libs/kdevelop) I really don't find a
source path like you mentioned recorded inside the binaries.

What did the "make install" say after entering in kdevelop/vc/? Do you
see sth. like:
-----
make[1]: Entering directory `/kde-build/CVS-KDE/kdevelop/kdevelop/vc'
/bin/sh ../../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/local/lib
 /bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=install /usr/bin/ginstall -c -p
libkdevelopvc.la /usr/local/lib/libkdevelopvc.la
PATH="$PATH:/sbin" ldconfig -n /usr/local/lib
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/kde-build/CVS-KDE/kdevelop/kdevelop/vc'
 -----
Or simply delete the
libkdevelopvc.*
libkdevelopkwrite.*
libkdevelopgfxview.*
libkdevelopdbg.*
libkdevelopkpp.*
libkdevelopsetup.*
libkdevelopqextmdi.*
in /usr/local/lib first and then reinstall kdevelop to see if there is a
"make install" or "libtool" or simply access-rights problem.

Maybe it is a libtool problem which occurs only on OpenBSD... is there
somebody out there having the same problems (maybe also on other
distributions)?

Ciao

Walter