Using different version control than CVS

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Mon May 27 16:55:24 BST 2002

Hi,

(sorry for the late reply)

On Thursday 23 May 2002 02:00, you wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> As far as I know, kdevelop 2.1 only supports CVS for version control. I am
> working under clearcase and would love to have kdevelop work under
> clearcase environment. If kdevelop supports clearcase, please let me know
> and ignore the rest of the message. If not, please read on.
>
> I was wondering if kdevelop is configured to pick up the version control
> commands from a configuration file. If it is, it would make the task of
> supporting any version control tool a breeze. In fact, any custom version
> control can be possible with the. Users can write their own scripts to do
> checkouts, checkins and any other simultaneous maintenance (sending emails
> etc) with that.
>
> If this is not so, can someone send me the pointers how to configure
> kdevelop to use another version control system? Any pointers to code would
> also be helpful.

I don't think it will be possible for KDevelop 2.x without rewriting quite
some code. For KDevelop 3.x (aka Gideon in the head branch) you can easily
add any VCS you like. There is a default implementation for CVS (in the
directory parts/cvs), you can take it as an example. Just ask if anything is
not clear...

Best regards,
Harry