SDL

Jeff Weeks jweeks at mailandnews.com
Tue May 14 00:49:35 BST 2002

>===== Original Message From ian <ian.porter3 at ntlworld.com> =====
>Opps.. I had got the SDL library link to a file that was not there ?. do not
>know why because I had installed SDL from rpms ?
>
>But I now have this error when I run the program.  Any advice would be nice.

>SDL ERROR =:'Couldn't find matching GLX visual' at line 49
>
>Ian

I'm guessing your X server isn't configured to load the GLX module.  Check
your XF86Config file (possibly XF86Config-4, usually in /etc or /etc/X11) and
see that it has the line:

Load "glx"

in the modules section.  Mine, for example:

Section "Module"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "freetype"        # TrueType font handler
        Load  "type1"           # Type1 font handler
EndSection

Cheers,
Jeff