Maybe a bug with KDevelop 2.1 and KDE 3.0

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Sat May 4 21:47:18 BST 2002

On Saturday 04 May 2002 21:27, you wrote:

> A few days ago I update my KDE 2.2 with his KDevelop to KDE 3.0 with
> his KDevelop3-2.1. Since then I have some little problems. When I
> start KDevelop 2.1 I can't access to the documentation. The menu
> appears in blank and the only resource that I can see in the menu is
> the C/C++ reference but this doesn't work. I try to uninstall
> Kdevelop3 2.1 but when I run KDevelop 2.1 (KDE 2.2) the documentation

which distribution do you use ? or is this self compiled: from which
source ?

> reference menu is missing too. If I uninstall KDevelop3, then
> KDevelop 2.1 doesn't work. I know that the solution is in Congifure
> -> Documentation -> KDE-Documentation-librarie that is changed from
> KDE 2.2 (/usr/share/..) to (/opt/kde3/..) in KDE 3.0 but if I changed
> this it doesn't works.

did you try "re-setup" kdevelop (which looks for the needed info):
 kdevelop --setup

are you sure the docu is installed ? with my suse 8 this are
three different packages
 kdevelop is in the package kdevelop3-2.1-3
 kde3 docu = kdelibs3-devel-doc-3.0-1
 qt3 docu = qt3-devel-doc-3.0.3-15

and i had to set: options/kdevelop/documentation
path to kde:
 /usr/share/doc/KDE3-API/
path to qt (was done by --setup)
 /usr/lib/qt3/doc/html/

hth
Gustl

August Hörandl                          august.hoerandl at gmx.at
... Horrible bug encounterd. God knows what has happened.