Building .ui files in tar.gz dist

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Thu Mar 21 11:53:13 GMT 2002

  W. Tasin wrote:

> Tarjei Knapstad wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, W. Tasin wrote:
>>

>> In other words: When I run 'make dist' headers and implementations
>> should be generated by uic and moc and included into the distribution
>> and makefiles instead of (or in addition to) the .ui files?
>>
> In addition, because the .ui file represents the dependency, if uic or
> moc has to be invoked (IMHO it will not unless the ui-file will be
> modified - and a distribution build wouldn't modify those files, would
> it?).

I have to revert my statement... now it's really the case that only the
implementation of the corrisponding ui-file is included.
The .cpp-file has to be registered as SOURCE-file and every source file
has to be include by make dist, that's why you find the corrisponding
*.cpp file.

HEADERS instead are empty in Makefile, because there is no
noinst_HEADERS in our Makefile.am... thats the reason why header-files
will be registered as EXTRA_DIST (I think there will raise up a problem,
but not yours).

Anyway on my system all works fine with distributions made up, but I
think I know what happens, your "make" doesn't start to create the
header and teh implementation of an ui-file, because there is already
the corrisponding *.cpp-file (created by ui and moc and included by the
distribution).
Could you please check this by:

- making a distribution tarball
- unpack it
- remove all *.cpp files, which were created by ui and moc.
- then start ./configure
- and make...

and please tell me if it worked.

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)