Bugs

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Tue Mar 19 12:16:07 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Kyle Lussier (IMAP) wrote:

Kyle,

> Hey Gang -
>
> I really like KDevelop 2.0.2!
>
> We want to use it, but it locks up like nine times out of 10 on RH 7.2
> on a dual proc machine.  My other KDE apps don't behave this way.
>
> It locks up when loading a new project a lot of times.  It'll lock
> up when editing.  Very frustrating!!

I had similar problems when going from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 on a RH7.1 box.
Everything suddenly became dog slow (closing a file for instance would
easily spend 30 seconds...)

Solution:
1. Upgrade to the latest KDevelop 2.1RC2 (there are source packages for
both KDE 3 and KDE2.2. I grabbed the 2.2 source and it compiled and ran
fine on my RH7.1 box).

2. Downgrade to KDevelop 2.0.1.

RC2 seems pretty stable (I've been using it for five days straight at work
now, without any crashes), so I'd recommend the first option.

Cheers,
--
Tarjei Knapstad