unresolved dependencies

August Hörandl august.hoerandl at gmx.at
Fri Jun 28 19:46:49 BST 2002

On Friday 28 June 2002 14:37, you wrote:
> Hi,
> I have managed to add a static C library to my kdevelop project, but
> when I want to call functions from that library I get unresolved
> dependecies errors from the linker. (However using structs from that
> lib works) I googled around, but couldn't find anything useful
> besides some rumors that I need special compiler or linker options.
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

you need 2 things
1) a header file to include
2) a library

the get "simple" tools this information is separeted, so you have to
do two things:

tell the präprozessor where to find/search for the header file: -Ipath
 seems that yout got this one right ;-)
tell the linker which library to link and where to find/search for
 the library: -Lpath -lname (hint the name is without lib and the
 extension)

this information has to be entered into the project options
hth
Gustl

--
August Hörandl                                 august.hoerandl at gmx.at