Changing the compiler again please help !

Ken Schrock schrockk at win2linux.net
Fri Jul 19 22:34:41 BST 2002

On Friday 19 July 2002 05:00 pm, you wrote:
> Sorry for sending that email again but no one of the proposed solutions
> worked.
> I want to use a compiler other than g++. I found it written in the part of
> makefile.in that will be overwritten by KDevelop.
> Project->Options->Comiler only get arguments to the compiler.
> Should I delete g++ completely and rename the other compiler g++ to get it
> into work ??!!!

That is a little drastic under the circumstances
g++ is nothing but a link anyway (on Mandrake 8.2 to g++-2.96)
Simply rename the link /usr/bin/g++ and make a new one that points to yours

If you are using Mandrake 8.2 (I don't know if the other distros do this)
/usr/bin/g++ is a link to /etc/alternatives/g++
Which is then a link to /usr/bin/g++2.96

Change this link (rename old & make new)
And neither the starting link or the compiler is touched

--
Using Linux Mandrake 8.2