How to change the compiler

Noa Cantin cantin at CERCA.UMontreal.CA
Thu Jul 18 14:49:41 BST 2002

Hi,

I've been register to this mailing list for a week now, and
I realize that an important number of questions is related directly
to the use of the GNU Autotools; for instance, the present mail is.

Taken from the Autoconf documentation:

>Compilers and Options
>Some systems require unusual options for compilation or linking that the
>configure script does not know about.  Run ./configure
>--help for details on some of the pertinent environment variables.
>
>You can give configure initial values for variables by setting
>them in the environment.  You can do that on the command line like this:
>./configure CC=c89 CFLAGS=-O2 LIBS=-lposix

Go in "project -> options -> options of the compiler"; there you can specify
the options for configure. Ultimately, you might want to hard-code your
options in the configure.in. Personally, I found very difficult hacking the
Autoconf and automake files, particularly for the stupid SGI machines we use
here.  Is there anybody on the list that is familiar with this issue? I know
this is a subject for the autotools mailing list, but kdevelop has actually
become for me a great GUI for managing autotools files.

Noa