Newbie: Need info on creating KDE menu

Mogens Neupart neupart at mail.tdcadsl.dk
Tue Jul 16 13:38:16 BST 2002

Hi there,

I am quite new to KDevelop and have tried the KScribble tutorial.
It seems to me that I need to create a Qt MDI and not a KDE MDI to be able to follow the tutorial step by step (especially for the menubar).

Now I am trying to create my own menubar in a KDE MDI and here's my problem:

I have changed the line:

windowMenu = new KActionMenu(i18n("&Window"), actionCollection(), "window_menu");

to:

myMenu = new KActionMenu(i18n("&Menu"), actionCollection(), "my_menu");

but the menu doesn't show up unless I replace "my_menu" with "window_menu".

It may seem trivial to some but I hope someone out there can help me, e.g. with a reference to a HOW-TO etc.

Thank you in advance.

KInd regards

Mogens