usage of tools like QTdesigner

Tarjei Knapstad tarjeik at chemcon.no
Mon Jul 8 15:52:06 BST 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 15:54, Werner Modenbach wrote:

> I upgraded qt to version 3.0.4. Unfortunately the designer of this version
> crashes.
> By somebodys hint I exported "export KDE_MALLOC=0" in a shell window before
> calling designer. This works so far now without crashes.
> How can I do this from inside kdevelop? Do I have to write a wrapper script or
> is there an easyer way?

Include the "export KDE_MALLOC=0" line into your .bash_profile
(log out, than back into X). This means KDE_MALLOC=0 is executed in
every shell you use, and for every program you may start from the app
bar etc. Alternatively, rename the kdevelop binary to something else,
and make a short bash script like:

#!/bin/bash
export KDE_MALLOC=0
kdevelop_bin

Name the script 'kdevelop' and put it somewhere in your path. (rememeber
to set execute permissions for it)

--
Tarjei Knapstad