Problems compiling with CVS build

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 19 15:56:05 GMT 2002

Hi John,

John Dubchak wrote:

>Harald,
>
>One last thing - the "whereis KDevelop" command
>returns nothing after the make install command.
>
>KDevelop:
>
>I've even rerun all of the instructions from the start
>again, but with the same results.

'make install' is a script that copies all files from the
C++-project-directory to the right place in your Linux installation. It
outputs many things. Check which (destination) pathes it outputs and if
it got the permissions for the target directories. Copying will fail if
your KDE directory is for root only and you're not root.

Ciao,F at lk