Bug report

Juergen Suessmaier juergen at suessmaier.de
Sat Jan 19 01:09:09 GMT 2002

John,

the library you are looking for is part of the fam-devel package:

tbone:~ >rpm -ql fam-devel
/usr/include/fam.h
/usr/lib/libfam.a
/usr/lib/libfam.la
/usr/lib/libfam.so
/usr/share/man/man3/fam.3x.gz

Installing the fam-devel-2.6.4-11.i386.rpm package should fix the
problem.

Regards,
Juergen

John Dubchak schrieb:

> Harald,
>
> When I try to make from the sources, I get the
> following error message:
>
> grep: /usr/lib/libfam.la: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read /usr/lib/libfam.la: No such file or
> directory
> libtool: link: `/usr/lib/libfam.la' is not a valid
> libtool archive
>
> I've installed the latest fam RPM for my system
> (Redhat 7.2), but the libfam.la file is not found on
> my system.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> John
>
> --- Harald Fernengel <harry at bnro.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > sorry, I meant: Is the output of "make" in English
> > or is it localized (French
> > output?). What happens when you set your LANG
> > environment variable to en_US?:
> >
> > export LANG=en_US
> > kdevelop
> >
> > About the garbage characters: I simply cannot
> > reproduce this. It only happens
> > on Red Hat 7.2, so I strongly suspect that the Red
> > Hat package is broken.
> > Someone told me that the characters vanished after
> > he installed KDevelop from
> > source, can you try to do that? (It is
> > KDE_2_2_BRANCH in the CVS, take a look
> > at
> >
> http://www.kdevelop.org/index.html?filename=download.html
> > how to compile
> > it...)
> >
> > Best Regards,
> > Harald

> > command? If yes, KDevelop
> > error.

> > > Hi all,
> > > I do have the same problem, as described by Alexey
> > and John, with RH 7.2 +
> > > KDE 2.2.2 upgrade : garbage characters when
> > compiling and no way to acces
> > > error from the message window.
> > >
> > > I'm new to Kdevelop and I like it but this issue
> > really gets on my nerves !
> > >
> > > Harry, what do you mean by "localized" version of
> > make ?
> > >
> > > I have make RPM version 3.79.1-8 which ,I think,
> > is the latest.
> > >
> > > Celine Tourlet
> > >

> > > -
> > > to unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> > > kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following
> > body: unsubscribe
> > > »your-email-address«
> >

> > -
> > to unsubscribe from this list send an email to
> > kdevelop-request at kdevelop.org with the following
> > body:
> > unsubscribe »your-email-address«

J. Süßmaier Systementwicklungen
Jürgen Süßmaier
juergen at suessmaier.de                       Realtime Software Development
Katharina Geisler Str. 14                       Embedded Applications
D-85356 Freising                                     Automation
Germany