KDE 3 template

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Tue Jan 15 13:41:25 GMT 2002

Hi,

the app templates should work together with Qt3/KDE3 if you replace the admin
directory with the one from kde-common (a few kilobytes in the KDE-CVS).

All KDE apps have only one dependency: KDELibs. Install the KDE libraries and
you should be able to compile and run any KDE 3 app.

Look at http://www.kde.org/kde2-and-kde3.html for information how to run two
KDE versions at the same machine.

Note that you may run into trouble if you run a KDE3 app under KDE2. Solution:
Start the KDE3 app as another user (or install KDE3 base and switch
completely to KDE3).

Harry