apache server

Loh Yong Khun ykloh at lkta.com.my
Tue Jan 15 09:38:43 GMT 2002

hi all,

    this is not related to KDevelop, though, but i really hope that there
are somebody who can extend some helps to me on my problem.

    i just setup a RedHat 7.1 on my PC, with httpd installed and running.
after some configuration, it seems that the httpd is running properly.
however, when i try to load the apache test page using Netscape with
http://localhost but i got this error message on the page: "Browser Error -
Your browser sent a malformed request. You may need to configure your
browser to use proxies, or you may need to change the port that your
webserver is using."

    then i tried to use my ip address in netscape to load the page,
http://192.168.10.155, and the netscape status bar showing that "host
contacted, waiting for reply", however, after some time, an error page
appeared: "Socket Error - Connection Reset by Remote Host".

    then, i tried again with my hostname instead: http://svr_linux, the same
thing happened, the netscape status bar showing that "host contacted,
waiting for reply" and after some time the error page "Socket Error -
Connection Reset by Remote Host" displayed.

    lastly, i used http://127.0.0.1 to test the webserver and it worked. but
i got no idea what is going on. is there anybody could advice what did i
missed in my configuration? thanks in advance.

        YK (Yong Khun, Loh)
        <ykloh at lkta.com.my>

----