installer

Girard Henri henrigirard at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 9 11:44:34 GMT 2002

 It depends on the distrib you use .. but most install it when it's done with rpm as a kxxx so try a command in a shell like kpackage and it might appear !!... (if you use M8XX you even got : software manager and / or urpmi which select for you all dependances... which is good nowaday because there are 1000 of files... ) the worse with it : Your distrib can be a bit very enormous... two or 3 Go..
I manage to install it on M.8.1 with 800 Mo devolpment and kde gnome included.. which is quite fair...
regards :)
Henri
  Loh Yong Khun <ykloh at lkta.com.my> a écrit : yes, i am new to linux, and that's what i have encountered during these
days. i found my favourite application from the web, which sound very
interesting to me, but when i tried to install them, i have those problems.
some of them were successfully solved with some advices and guides from this
mailing list, thanks. but there are still some remain. anyway, i will try to
explore more into RPM.

where can i get the Kpackage? thanks.

YK (Yong Khun, Loh)