KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH and KDE HEAD problems

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sun Jan 6 02:59:50 GMT 2002

Am Sonntag, 6. Januar 2002 03:27 schrieb Falk Brettschneider:
> Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> >Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2002 17:15 schrieb Roland Krause:
> >>Also, unless you want to hunt down bugs like the above you rather want
> >>a clean checkout of KDE_2_2_BRANCH. KDEVELOP_2_BRANCH is currently an
> >>experimental work branch that isnt very stable yet.
> >
> >But KDE_2_2_BRANCH is not KDE3-ready, or??
> >I can compile this without problems but running is not possible:
>
> It should be possible to compile/run on KDE3, too.
> Check if your compiled version is linked against (KDE3 && KDE2) || (Qt2
> && Qt3).
> This should not happen, otherwise it wont startup like in your case.

Grrr - I did'nt notice that:

checking for Qt... (cached) libraries /usr/lib/qt2/lib,
headers /usr/lib/qt3/include
checking if Qt compiles without flags... (cached) no
checking for moc... (cached) /usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc
checking for uic... (cached) /usr/lib/qt3/bin/uic

Maybe the configure-script should be improved:
If both libs are present take the one "kde-config" or "moc" uses!?

Bye
  Thorsten