Configure issue

W. Tasin tasin at fhm.edu
Fri Jan 4 18:02:35 GMT 2002

Celine Tourlet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use Kdevelop 2.0.2 (RH 7.2 + KDE 2.2.2) and I have a
> configure problem with both KDE and Qt projects (not with gnome nor
> terminal C++ projects).
>
> I did as much investigation as I could but I haven't found the
> solution so far.
>
> Note that autoconf & automake work fine.
>
> I does not seem to be related to Qt directory like many posts I read
> on forums so what  ? ...
>
> Attached is the config.log
> (OK, I should only copy/paste the interesting part but I have a f...
> problem with my mail reader right now : it will not let me paste
> anything copied from another app :-((((()
>

> Celine
>

>configure:4362: checking for extra includes
>configure:4393: checking for extra libs
>configure:4427: checking for libz
>configure:4453: gcc -o conftest -O2           conftest.c    -lz  -lresolv 1>&5
>configure:4446:17: zlib.h: No such file or directory
>configure: failed program was:
>#line 4444 "configure"
>#include "confdefs.h"
>
>#include<zlib.h>
>
>int main() {
>return (zlibVersion() == ZLIB_VERSION);
>; return 0; }

Hi Celine,

your application seems to need the compression library libz and the
include file zlib.h in default pathes for a successful compilation.

You should look inside your distribution for a libz-package and install
it on your machine.

Ciao

Walter

--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)